interplay the process of interpersonal communication 15th edition eBook
With its unique blend of compelling topics and rich pedagogy, Interplay: The Process of Interpersonal Communication 15e pdf , offers a perfect balance of research and application to help students understand and improve their own relationships. No other book prepares students better to start improving their relationships beginning with the first day of class.
interplay the process of interpersonal communication 15th addresses the perception that students have that they already know how to communicate, which is an issue that every faculty member faces. By artfully weaving cutting-edge academic research and theory into the clear, down-to-earth, student-friendly narrative, Interplay enables students to understand the complexity and depth of human communication and interpersonal relationships. The series of concepts builds logically through the chapter sequence so that students deepen their communication skills as they progress through interplay 15th edition pdf . With the expert use of contemporary and brief video clips available as part of the integrated digital resources, students can see concepts applied in real scenarios, making their learning even more meaningful.
About the Author Of interplay 15th edition pdf :
Ronald B. Adler is Professor Emeritus of Communication at Santa Barbara City College.Lawrence B. Rosenfeld is Professor Emeritus of Communication at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Russell F. Proctor II is Professor Emeritus of Communication at Northern Kentucky University.
Reviews of the Interplay 15th edition ebook :
- Reviewed in the United States on October 25, 2021
Verified Purchase Rebekah Petzoldt
- Reviewed in the United States on July 13, 2021
Verified Purchase Dr. JoeThis text on how we communicate with each other is almost a handbook for life. Well documented, it is still very reader-friendly, and anyone will pick up valuable tips from it about how to get along better with other people. Worth every penny.
New in interplay 15th edition :
For long-time users, a quick scan of this edition will reveal some significant changes:
• A new chapter on Mediated Interpersonal Communication (Chapter 2) is devoted to the most important communication innovation in the last half-century. It offers an evenhanded, research-based exploration of the pros and cons of communicating via social media and other communication technologies. There’s also an updated comparison of interpersonal and masspersonal communication. The chapter concludes with tips on communicating competently through mediated channels. Nearly two-thirds of the chapter’s content is new to Interplay The Process Of Interpersonal Communication 15th ed
- • A new section, “Conversation: From Monologue to Dialogue” (in Chapter 13), provides an in-depth look at enhancing face-to-face communication skills, ranging from making casual conversation to holding civil dialogues.
- Updated Focus on Research sidebars show how scholarship informs our view of effective (and ineffective) communication. This edition includes 17 new profiles on timely subjects including the lessons of doing a social media detox, co-cultural communication strategies among Latinx students, the value of “you” language when offering interpersonal support, softening advice with empathy (something even chatbots do), using metacommunication to restore online civility, and what it takes to create and develop new friendships.
- Dark Side of Communication boxes address problems including the epidemic of loneliness, negative effects of smartphones on teens, why cultural appropriation is inappropriate, implicit bias and its effects, and pornography’s impact on relational quality.
- At Work boxes help readers apply scholarship to their careers. New topics include using LinkedIn for social networking, the importance of listening empathically to customers, managing conflict via email, and telling stories in job interviews.
- Watch and Discuss features point to YouTube videos for viewing in or out of the classroom. Each is followed by discussion prompts. New video titles include “Struggles of Having a Friend with No Filter”; “I Forgot My Phone”; “Girl vs. Woman: Why Language Matters”; “Who Sounds Gay?”; “How to Turn Anxiety into Excitement”; “The Power of Forgiveness”; and “What Do You Do When Someone Just Doesn’t Like You?” Along with these features and major updates, this edition contains a multitude of new and updated material that addresses the latest communication research and changing communication practices. These include the following:
- Chapter 1 has updated and reworked sections on “What Makes Communication Interpersonal?” and “Meanings Exist in and Among People.”
- Chapter 3 offers new discussions on co-cultural theory and microaggressions.
- Chapter 4 has enhanced coverage of the multifaceted nature of a healthy self-concept.
- Chapter 5’s new captioned photos (which replace Media Clip sidebars in this edition) show how the movies I, Tonya and Tall Girl illustrate principles of perception. (There are many other new captioned photos throughout the book.)
- Chapter 6 now hosts “The Language of Choice” (which had been in the Communication Climate chapter in the 14th edition).
- Chapter 7 includes coverage of “the still face experiment” and the key term “nonverbal immediacy.”
- Chapter 8 takes a closer look at the value of silent listening.
- Chapter 9 identifies attributes of emotional intelligence and has new material on communicating emotions through mediated channels.
- Chapter 11 updates and extends the discussion of boundary
management and introduces new research on family boundary
NOTE: This only includes the ebook Interplay: The Process of Interpersonal Communication 15th edition in PDF. No access codes come with it.
There are no reviews yet.