Curriculum Leadership: Strategies for Development and Implementation 5th Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1506363172
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc; 5th edition (August 22, 2018)
- Language: English
- 504 pages
- ISBN-10: 1506363172
- ISBN-13: 978-1506363172
This text helps current and aspiring administrators, teachers, and curriculum directors successfully restructure, enhance, and implement school K–12 curriculum. Now in its Fifth Edition, this foundational book highlights 21st century educational ideas and advocacy, while also remaining focused on tried and true strategies for meeting state and national standards in today’s diverse classrooms. With the support of this thought-provoking and extensively researched text, readers will develop a working and thorough foundation of curriculum to effectively implement in the classrooms of the future.
Table of Contents:
2. • PART I FOUNDATIONS OF CURRICULUM
1. • Chapter 1 The Nature of Curriculum
2. • Chapter 2 Curriculum History: The Perspective of the Past
3. • Chapter 3 Curriculum Theory
4. • Chapter 4 The Politics of Curriculum
3. • PART II CURRICULUM PROCESSES
1. • Chapter 5 Curriculum Planning
2. • Chapter 6 Improving the Program of Studies
3. • Chapter 7 Improving a Field of Study
4. • Chapter 8 Processes for Developing New Courses and Units
4. • PART III CURRICULUM MANAGEMENT
1. • Chapter 9 Supervising the Curriculum: Teachers and Materials
2. • Chapter 10 Curriculum Development and Implementation
3. • Chapter 11 Aligning the Curriculum
4. • Chapter 12 Curriculum and Teacher Evaluation
5. • PART IV CURRENT TRENDS IN THE CURRICULUM
1. • Chapter 13 Current Developments in the Subject Fields
2. • Chapter 14 Current Developments Across the Curriculum
3. • Chapter 15 Individualizing the Curriculum
8. About the Authors
Allan A. Glatthorn (1924–2007) was a major contributor to the third and fourth editions; his research used in the preparation of the first and second editions of Writing the Winning Thesis or Dissertation: A Step-by-Step Guide was the foundation for the third edition. He was the Distinguished Research Professor of Education (Emeritus) in the College of Education of East Carolina University, where he advised doctoral students, chaired dissertations, and taught courses in supervision and curriculum. He was formerly Professor of Education at the Graduate School of Education of the University of Pennsylvania. Prior to his university assignments, he was a high school teacher and principal. In his work as a professor, he chaired close to 100 dissertations. He is the author of numerous professional books, several of which have been published by Corwin.
Dr. Floyd Boschee has an extensive background in teaching and educational administration. He served as a teacher, coach, and school administrator in the public schools and as a professor and chairman of departments of education at the collegiate level. Dr. Boschee is professor emeritus in the Division of Educational Administration, School of Education, at the University of South Dakota and a former school board member of the Vermillion School District, Vermillion, South Dakota. During his tenure as a university professor, he consulted with school districts on reorganization; published numerous articles in major educational journals; and conducted workshops on curriculum development and implementation, the teaching and learning process, and school administrator evaluations. He is the author or coauthor of 13 books in the fields of school administration and curriculum and instruction.
Dr. Bruce M. Whitehead is a NAESP Nationally Distinguished Principal and has served for over thirty years as a principal for School District # 4 in Missoula, Montana. He also serves as an Adjunct Professor for the University of Montana. His career includes appointments to numerous national and international committees as well as becoming President of the Montana Association of Elementary School Principals and the Montana State Reading Association. He also served as Chairman of Montana’s first Governor’s Task Force on Technology as well as being an NCATE Advisor. As a co-author of 10 books and numerous articles in the field of education, Dr. Whitehead is a recipient of the University of Montana’s highest honor, The Montana Distinguished Alumni Award. Additional honors include: The International Reading Association’s Presidential Service Award, NASA Explorer Schools Leadership Award, National Milken Foundation’s Outstanding Educator Award, John F. Kennedy Center’s Award for Arts in Education, Outstanding Contributions to Saudi Arabian Education, and Japan’s International Soroban Institute Award.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support